Lower Light, SA
We require up to 10 staff for work in the poultry industry in Lowerlight, South Australia.
Available positions are:
- Chicken Farm Labourer/Grading Floor worker
Brief job description:
- Grading & packing of eggs,
- Stacking trays
- General live poultry handling,
- Vaccination of live chicken
- General cleaning
Positions will commence in Early July 2021 and are ongoing permanent full time positions for up to 3 years at 38 hours per week.
Generally, work will be carried out 5 days per week from Monday to Friday, starting at 7:00am and finishing between 2:00pm to 5:00pm, however, this may change from time to time. Successful applicants will be employed as Level 1 under the Pastoral Award.
To be considered for the position, applicants must:
- be prepared to undergo a full medical, including drug testing,
- provide a police check,
- have working rights in Australia.
* Random drug tests will be conducted during the period of employment *
Applications must address the below selection criteria and all claims against the selection criteria must be substantiated. Any application that fails to do so will not be considered.
* Must be strong and physically fit, with good endurance
* Ability to show a good work ethic and be reliable
* Ability to follow quality assurance & OH&S processes
* Ability to have a good eye for details
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Able to understand written and oral instructions
* Commitment to at least 12 month employment period
Applicants from outside the Lowerlight area must demonstrate a commitment to moving and living in the area for the period of employment. There may be periods where you are required to work at other locations, such as Port Pirie.
To apply please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Poultry Workers – Lowerlight)” and ID Number 2292508856 in the subject line.
Applicants that do not state the ID number, or who do not attach a resume will not be considered. Applications close on 21st April 2021. Applications received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Successful applicants only will be contacted and by mid May 2021.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: