Starplex Swim Centre Staff - Swimming Instructor
Evanston South, SA
Play a Vital Role in Teaching Children and Adults to Swim
- Join a Vibrant Recreational Facility
- Outstanding Facilities and Swimming Programme
- Benefit from Collegiate Advice Provided by the Swim Centre Manager and Coaching Staff
This is a great opportunity for a Swimming Instructor to join a dedicated team. The successful applicant will be able to provide quality instruction to swim classes, have a team approach and display a professional and courteous manner towards clients and work colleagues.
STARplex is a friendly sports, training, arts and recreation provider offering quality lifestyle health and fitness experience for families in the northern community. With over 9,000 visitors every week the complex has something for everyone. Visitors enjoy a huge range of recreational services delivered by experienced, qualified staff. Please check www.starplex.com.au for further information.
To be successful in this role you will have the following qualifications and attributes:
- A current AUSTSWIM and/or Active Training certificate
- A current Child Related Screening Certificate
- A current CPR Certificate
- A current First Aid Certificate (School swimming program)
- Completed a Child Safe Environment Certificate
- In addition, a current Waterbabies Instructor Certificate, a Disability Instructor Certificate and an Adult Instructor Certificate would be an advantage
- Good communication and observational skills
- Display enthusiasm and have the ability to motivate
- Have good preparation and organisational skills
- Have the ability to work as a team member
- Have the ability to demonstrate skills
- Display patience and understanding
- Maintain class control
In addition the applicant would be expected to learn and adhere to the STARplex emergency procedures, the STARplex Swim School curriculum and the mandatory notification policies.
Excellent facilities and work conditions are available to attract the highest calibre of person.
We are seeking to appoint a highly-motivated individual with a passion for teaching swimming and a friendly, courteous, professional and approachable manner towards both clients and other staff. If this is you, we would like to hear from you.
Trinity College is an equal opportunity employer
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: